Friday, 4 July 2008

What's the Difference?

OK, just heard from the garage and the rear diff has had it's day.

Now then, I can lay my hands on a Disco diff to drop in, the problem I'm having is that the one in there has a Detroit locker on it. Do I push the boat out and replace what's in there, or do it on the cheap and drop in the second hand unit (unknown history), or, do I go over board and put a Detroit in the front while I'm at it...

Decisions, decisions. I hate being me sometimes.

On a good note. I went down to Pompey today and visited JW Tout, Mechanical Engineers, on the recommendation of Colin from Harwoods, re tent pole problem. After much humming and arring and searching round the back, we agreed that the only way to progress was to have some steel bar drilled to fit - "but it would be expensive". Hmmm, bit of a pause, tapping of calculator... "£24" - Can I pay you now sir?

So, hopefully pick those up sometime next week, in the meantime I can start prepping the poles.

Today I also got my timings a bit right. On the way out of Pompey I popped back to Hypose, still no delivery, but I was in time to meet Mr Wallace for lunch. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment